Some help with my MacBook plz

susato
Site Moderator

Re: Some help with my MacBook plz

Post by susato » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:11 am

Well done mysticmerlin - and thanks for reporting back to us what worked for you, so we can all benefit from your experience.

Looking forward to congratulating you on your first work unit completed!

mysticmerlin

Post by mysticmerlin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:30 am

uploaded the first one today. 23 hours to complete :( but hey it is running.

susato
Site Moderator

Post by susato » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Great news! And the timing is about right. These are not small problems to solve! The typical deadline for these units is 3 to 8 days so if you need to turn your machine off at night, or throttle back the amount of CPU used to reduce noise and heat, you can do that and still meet the deadlines.

Exeon
Hardware configuration: First is my iMac, Second is the one I've loaned my brother, third is..awaiting parts so is running out of a cardboard box
2.33, 2.5, 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB, 4GB, 1GB DDR2 RAM
ATI X1600, Nvidia IGP, SiS IGP
Mac, Windows, NotFred's LiveCD(for now)

Post by Exeon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 pm

Well, I used the fix mentioned, got that bit to work. Now I have yet to get these new a0, a1, a2 cores to work, so I have no idea what a log file from a working client should look like on a dual core system, so no idea if it worked. My issues started about 60 days ago, never changed OS X, never even installed an update(nor did I reboot) I tried a clean install of OS X and they didn't go away.. but his symptoms look like mine do now..so I'm trying this fix, report back later if it worked or failed.
Team EXEON ALIANCE, 116480. We will conquer Canada just to rename it Canadia. Till then, sticking to the warm weather of Florida.

mysticmerlin

Post by mysticmerlin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:37 am

Hope it works out for you 8-)

Return to “Mac OS X Beta”